If your teeth aren’t as straight as you’d like, protrude, or bite unevenly, this could be affecting more than the appearance of your smile. Orthodontics like traditional braces or Invisalign from your dentist in Edmonton at MAK Dental can help you avoid the perils to your oral health that come with misaligned teeth.
When your teeth are…
Too Tightly Spaced
- You’ll find it’s harder to fit floss in between them, or your floss may shred or break.
- You’ll have an increased risk for plaque or tartar build-up – and gum disease or tooth decay can be more of a problem.
Too Far Apart
- You may feel embarrassed by the gaps.
- Food traps more easily in those gaps. Trapped food feeds the bacteria that is responsible for tooth decay.
Not Lined Up Properly
- An uneven bite can cause a host of issues, including too much pressure being applied in some areas of your mouth and not enough in others.
- Chipped, cracked, or broken teeth from uneven pressure – or damage below the gumline to the root.
- Jaw problems because of the instability.
The good news?
Teeth can be moved at any age. So, if you felt you should have had orthodontics while you were younger, it’s okay. You haven’t missed the boat. Depending on your situation, you may be a candidate for Invisalign, or traditional braces might be a better choice for you. Today one in five orthodontics patients are adults, so there is plenty of time to give you the beautiful – and healthy – smile of your dreams.
Getting a straighter, healthy, easy-to-clean smile is just a phone call away! Contact us today for an orthodontics assessment to determine if traditional braces or Invisalign in Edmonton is the right choice for your smile.
Yours in excellent dental health,
Dr. Mary Ann Kuharchuk & Dr. Jason Nijjer, your general dentists in Edmonton